Monday, October 4, 2010

Piano Fun/Drama

I taught three piano lessons in a row after school today.  After my students left I gave Kate a lesson (or I tried to).  Kate was very patient and kept on playing while Jack was yelling and Ty was crying. 

We ended up sitting on the couch talking about Kate's theory whle Ty did this...
He was MAD because I took away Kate's piano books that he was destroying and gave him a piece of paper with a Halloween song on it.  And I think he was mad because I wouldn't let him turn the piano off while Kate was playing.  (He loves to turn the volume all the way down too.)  Maybe we shouldn't have gotten a digital piano.... it's way too fun.

Ty has an interesting way of playing the piano.  I think it's a little abnormal.  Most kids bang on the keys, but not Ty.  This is what he does...

Tries really hard to get his music situated...

Keeps trying to get that music ready... 
 Once the music is in place, then he grabs his pen and gets ready to write on the music...
I think he's spent way too much time sitting on my lap while I've taught piano lessons.

Don't you want me to teach your kids piano, so you can have this little sweetie help?

4 comments:

Tasha said...

I would hire you in a second if you lived in Utah! I just want to squeeze Ty! He is so dang cute!

Marianne said...

He's a budding Mozart!

Wendi said...

I WISH I could have you teach my kids piano! Shannon would love it. She really fights me when I try to teach her anything.

Meagan said...

So, which piano books did you say you use? I'm thinking about starting to teach Brooklyn either soon or at the new year (probably after recovering from baby). I always used the Alfred method, so that's what I know, but I'm eager to look at something else if it's good. Let me know sometime. Also, how on earth do you teach piano lessons and feed your family?