After we walked Kate to school, the boys and I loaded up the double jogger and ran to the track to meet her.
The kindergarteners, first graders and second graders got to ride a BUS from the school to the high school track. Then the kids get in a big group and they tell them to start running. Then they run/walk around the track as many times as they can in the set time period (I think it was about a half hour give or take).
Here are the kids listening to Mr. Hinajosa's instructions (he's the PE teacher). Jack was too scared to run with Kate and the other first graders around the first lap. I'm sure he could have kept up with them no problem though.
Kate's finishing her first lap...
After the first lap, Jack and I (and Ty in the stroller) joined Kate for some laps around the track. Those kids are funny -- they run really, really fast and then walk and then do it again.
Kate ran quite a while with her friend Morgan. I love how she's in air in this picture.
This is Jack's "hurry and take the picture because I can't stop running" picture. (That's why it isn't the best quality.)
Ty had fun dropping things out of the stroller. We lost both his hat and Jack's hat, but luckily we found them both before it was time to go home.
Towards the end of our running Jack found his friend, Craig. They ditched me and Kate and ran together for quite a while.
It was a fun run. I hate fundraisers, but I love running with my kids. They were good sports!






2 comments:
That is a fun thing. It is neat that you could all go and run around the track. I miss running...but today when I tried it, it didn't go so well. Anyway, looks like you all had a blast!
What fun!!
Post a Comment