Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloweekend

Halloweekend at our house was a little crazy this year.

FRIDAY --

Kate had a party at school that I helped with.  (Jack had a preschool party on Thursday.)

Right after school on Friday we headed downtown to trick-or-treat.  We went to the hospital first.  I love going there since it's not cold and not too crowded and mostly just little kids trick-or-treating.  This picture sums up how the experience was:
 Kate -- very happy with the whole trick-or-treating experience
Jack -- not so sure (he was pretty shy at first and gradually warmed up)
Ty -- just wanted to touch the giant blow-up spider down the hall

Trick or Treating downtown
 We came home, had dinner and then made doughnuts.  Then we watched "How to Train Your Dragon."

SATURDAY --
Saturday was pretty busy too with lots going on -- basketball practice at 8 am, Dave helping someone in the ward until noon, baptism to go to, chili to make for the trunk-or-treat, tying strings on lots of doughnuts, cookies to make for the primary kids at church today, laundry, baths, cleaning up the super messy house, etc., etc.

Here are a few pictures from the ward trunk-or-treat
Kate bobbing for a doughnut
 Jack trying to get that doughnut to hold still
 Ty loved the trunk part of trunk-or-treat
 
 Jack and his buddy Craig, I mean, Woody
 I don't have any pictures of Kate trunk-or-treating since she was off with her friends.  I had a hard time keeping track of her.

SUNDAY --
Today we celebrated Halloween by going to church and doing our Primary Program presentation (and I had to play the organ).  Kate's part was Mosiah 2:17 and she did a great job.  Jack struggled a little holding still and not being distracted by the other not-so-reverent boys in his class.

Since Dave wasn't eating lunch with us (he had to do tithing), I made the kids hot dog mummies.

Then tonight we finally had a minute to carve our pumpkins.  Jack wasn't as grossed out by the pumpkin guts as Kate was.
 The kids drew faces on their pumpkin and Dave and I cut them out.

 Happy Halloweekend!  (I'm glad that we don't have Halloween on a Sunday again for seven more years.)

3 comments:

Eileen said...

What fun! and what cute kids! I loved Ty in the trunk and Jack with the pumpkin guts and Kate's Halloween face!

Eileen said...

...and the hot dog mummies! Clever!

Natalie said...

What a fun mom! I just love Ty's lion costume, what a cutie!