Sunday, September 28, 2008

Homecoming Festivities and a baking tip

High school homecoming was this Friday. Kate didn't have school because of all the festivites. We went to the parade during the afternoon. Then we took the kids to the football game. The game was delayed because of lightning, so it made the game a little bit long. The kids liked it though. Go Toppers!We experienced a first in our marriage yesterday. Dave made brownies from scratch! I was in Santa Fe for the RS Broadcast and activities that our stake put on before it started. Dave and the kids were going to a friend's house for dinner, and they wanted to take brownies. The cocoa was almost gone and Dave couldn't find the unopened cocoa, so Dave put Swiss Miss hot chocolate mix in the recipe instead. When I came home from Santa Fe I tried a brownie and it was really good! So, if you're short on cocoa, then you can always use hot chocolate mix.

And, check out my other blog (here) for another week's worth of menus and more cookie recipes.

5 comments:

mags said...

glad to hear the brownies were a success! we gave dave a pretty hard time about them. he should have rubbed it in! love the menu for the week.

annelisa said...

We were wondering how they would turn out! Glad they were good!

Melinda said...

Wow Dave, I'm so impressed, especially that they turned out to be good! It looks like it was nice and warm for the parade. Don't you love September?

suzi said...

I would love it if Tom tried to bake brownies from scratch! It would be so funny and fun to watch!! I love it. Of course, he can whip up a mean breakfast!

How did you like Conference? I learned a lot of great things for myself.

Miss you guys!

Tasha said...

Our husbands sure can do amazing things when we aren't there to actually witness them?!