Labor Day, I mean, MOVING DAY!
On Monday, Labor Day, we packed up our stuff (that we just unpacked) and moved to a new house. We are still renting, but have a more flexible lease this time. We moved about 4 miles closer to everything (except Kate's preschool that is now 4 miles away). We moved into our newest, nicest house yet. This house is only a few years old, okay, so probably like 8 years old. Dave's co-worker owns it and had lived here by himself so things are still in really good shape (hopefully it will still look good when we leave here).
Some of our friends from the ward helped us move our stuff from house to house on Monday morning. Dave only wanted help with the big stuff, but our friends were great and helped us move pretty much everything.
The kids are learning more about respecting our house. These are our new rules (most of which I should have enforced a long time ago, but didn't, at least not as strictly):
- No throwing things down the stairs. (Especially not sharp things like puzzles or plastic toy dogs.)
- No wearing shoes in the house (the carpet is really clean and I'd like it to stay that way)
- No drawing on the walls (thank you Jack! He's already drawn on the walls and we haven't been here a whole week yet. Now I have to keep track of every single crayon or writing utensil so he doesn't get ahold of them.)
- No touching the walls (matte finish paint).
- Only eating food in the kitchen or at the table.
I'm sure I'll think of some more rules as we live here longer. I'll post some pics sometime or you'll just have to come visit us. :)
After we moved our stuff into our house on Labor Day we went into the mountains and had a picnic and hike with some friends.

Hurricanes Dave has been working a lot lately because of all the hurricanes. Hopefully hurricane season ends soon...
Soccer
Dave is Kate's soccer coach. Soccer started this week. We have practices two times a week. The kids don't have games, they are just learning skills. Dave is working on his "getting eight 4 year old kids to do what he tells them to do" skills. He's doing a great job!
BYU Football -- I better not type that in RED!
The kids are saying "Go Cougars!" Never mind their dirty faces and messy hair!

GOLF
Yesterday the kids and I went along with Dave while he golfed 9 holes. The kids did great! (Better than me probably. I'm the one that pushed them up all the hills in the stroller.) Jack didn't cry until they were finishing up on the 9th hole. He got out of the stroller everyonce in a while and golfed with his little broken, plastic club. He's a little die-hard-golfer in the making. Look out Tiger!
So, that's been pretty much what we've been up to. Here's a Kate quote to leave you with. This is her version of the Bear Necessities song (from Jungle Book). "Look for the gare necessities, the simple gare necessities. Forget about your worries and your Sprite." She really loves Sprite, I guess.
So, that's been pretty much what we've been up to. Here's a Kate quote to leave you with. This is her version of the Bear Necessities song (from Jungle Book). "Look for the gare necessities, the simple gare necessities. Forget about your worries and your Sprite." She really loves Sprite, I guess.
Don't forget to check out my other blog, whatisonyourmenu.blogspot.com for some new recipes and menus!
6 comments:
I'm so glad you're back...I missed your blog last week! I hope you'll post pictures of your new place, I'd love to see those beautiful matte walls! We have the same house rules you do and it makes MY life a lot easier (I spend so much less time cleaning up unnecessary messes!), and really, the kids can eat just as easily at the table as anywhere else, right? I'm glad you like your new place. Soccer sounds fun (and crazy). Dave must be as busy as ever with Hurricane Ike on the way.
That's amazing that you guys got into a new-ish how in LA! It looks like you had a fun time on your hike. I saw some pics of the hike on someone else's blog (JoDee's? I can't remember) but it was fun seeing all the kids and how much they've grown in the past year and a half!
Looking forward to seeing pics of the new place!
wow, you have been busy. So are you in the same ward as you were last year? Must be nice if you are- feels like coming home. We have matte finish too and I HATE it!!!
Okay, I got 3 words for you. Mr. Clean. Magic. Eraser. Also, good job for you and the rules. We are still working on not throwing toys at EACH OTHER and keeping DIRTY feet off of EACH OTHER. Can you teach my kids the rules? :) I'm glad you have a pretty new house.
I love coming to your blog, and i love those dirty faces!
Post a Comment