I had my first, and maybe, last taste of caviar yesterday at our Quarterly Enrichment. In the holiday cooking mini-class that I went to a sister made "Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Creme Fraiche and Caviar." I was daring and had a sample, since who knows when I'll have a chance to have caviar. Probably not ever again if we end up living in New Mexico or even Utah. Anyway...It wasn't too bad. A little salty, but it was okay, until a stray piece of caviar slipped off of my potato and I got a little taste of it plain. Not the best texture -- pretty much like a fish egg should feel like. It was a little fingerling potato baked with olive oil and rosemary, with a little creme fraiche (which I've heard about from watching a little too much Food Network, but have never tried it) and caviar on top.
I wanted to share the recipe because it is interesting and just rosemary potatoes without the creme fraiche and caviar would make a yummy side dish. So, here's the link to the recipe.: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/108940
1 comment:
The creme fraiche part sounds good...hmmmm, I don't know about the caviar. I think I had some when I was a teenager, and I think I didn't really care for it. Norm's cat tried it once and vomited. Nuff said.
When I lived in France, I don't remember ever seeing sour cream...it was all creme fraiche and it was good on everything!
Post a Comment