We love living in our new neighborhood. For those of you who haven't been to visit us the streets are lined with huge trees. Which means there are a lot of leaves everywhere! We've been raking leaves for a month or so. I've been afraid to do it with the kids because Jack isn't scared of running into the street. And he thinks it is really fun when I run after him yelling at him to stop. So, I've been waiting for Dave to help me rake. We tackled the leaves that came from our one huge tree yesterday. I think we filled up 10 39-gallon and 2 30-gallon leaf bags and there are more to come. I'm amazed at how many leaves one tree can drop! I remember raking leaves growing up from our huge willow tree, but I don't think we ever bagged them. I think we just dumped them over the fence into the field next to our house or put them on the garden. I'm amazed at how much work raking leaves is. But, I've enjoyed doing it because the weather has been so nice. I guess our nice weather is probably over and hopefully the leaves will stop falling too. It was fun while it lasted.
4 comments:
It sounds like you got a lot of it done on Saturday. That sounds like what we've been doing! It seems like there is no end. It makes me really grateful that we have a lot of pine trees that don't drop leaves. As it is, I still have a blister on my right hand, and my left shoulder still hurts from raking leaves. Any battle wounds??
I cleaned up more leaves today using the lawnmower. I'm not sure if that is easier than raking. I got all smelly and frustrated because the leaves kept blowing where I had just mowed them up. I do have a battle wound on my right hand too, Melinda. I think the leaves are almost off of the tree, but they keep blowing in from our neighbor's.
I want to play in the leaves! Save a pile for me.
I will say that I am jealous that you have actual leaves. It's going to be another 10-15 years before any of our trees produce enough leaves to rake.
Post a Comment