Monday, January 7, 2008

Deceptively Delicious

I went over to a friend's house today so our kids could play. While we were there she made some peanut butter banana muffins with a little secret ingredient inside. Any guesses? It was pureed cauliflower. Sounds a little crazy, but they were actually pretty good. The kids gobbled them up. she just bought this cookbook, "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld (Jerry's wife). She was going to copy a couple of recipes for me, so I was making a list and it was pretty long, so I think I'm going to buy it. In each recipe is some kind of pureed fruit or vegetable and most of the recipes sounded really good. I thought it sounded like a great way for my kids to get more fruits and veggies.

4 comments:

The Schramm Family said...

I have the book and love it! I think once you get the hang of it you can put puree in just about anything. Love it!

Wendi said...

That sounds like an awesome cookbook! Its always nice to have more good recipes. Especially you can slip in something healthy!

mags said...

I wondered if those recipes would be any good. I'm always trying to find a way to get good stuff into the kids and into me! good idea! ps tag your it see my blog

Cammie said...

I've been wondering if this would be worth buying?