Thursday, September 18, 2008

First Bus Ride

Today was Kate's first bus ride to and from school. The bus normally doesn't pick up kids from her preschool that are peers, but our neighbor is a student in the other preschool class, so we got it approved so Kate can ride the bus with her. We just have to walk down the street a few houses to her house to catch the bus. A few days a week her mom and I will take the girls to school, but we can carpool. It will be really nice not to have to drive. It does make for a long day for Kate. She left at 11:45 and got home at 3:40 (school goes from 12:30 - 3). She loved it though. If it ends up being too long for her after the novelty wears off it's not a big deal if I go pick her up.

It was raining and windy when we picked Kate up from school. Our trusty Jazz umbrella is a little too big for the kids to handle. It almost knocked Jack over because of the wind.

Jack sure misses Kate when she is at school. Today when he woke up from his nap he wanted to get in the car to go pick her up from school.

Here is a lovely (okay, not really very lovely) picture of our house, garbage can and van. Maybe I'll post some pics of the inside today.

Here's my thought of the day: Always put your bra in the drawer where it belongs, because you'll never know when someone is going to come walking through your house when you're not home and see it. Okay, here's the background to the thought. I guess something fell through the cracks at the realtors office and no one listed on the MLS that the house that we are living in is being rented. So, while the kids and I were at the library this morning a realtor showed our house to someone (without calling us first). When we got home I noticed a realtor card on the counter, so I called her and found out that she showed the house. She apologized a lot. I bet it was fun for the people to see our stuff all over, like the vacuum at the top of the stairs, toys out, etc., etc. It actually wasn't too messy or dirty because I cleaned up while Jack was taking a nap, but I wish that I would have put my bra away this morning. Oops! Oh well. What can you do?

5 comments:

Melinda said...

That is too funny! I hate to think what people would see if my house was unexpectedly shown to people! I like your house...it's very nice! Can't wait to see inside (w/o your bra, of course!)
Wow, Kate's going to have no problem transitioning to kindergarten next year...she already rides the bus and goes to school for a long time. She looks really happy!

Tasha said...

You are so funny! But I do love that quote! I think I may have to steal it and put it on my blog!!! Your house is so cute on the outside, I can't wait to see the inside. How nice is it that she can ride the bus with gas prices these days?!? Hopefully the novelty won't wear off unless of course you are missing her too much!

epic said...

What a big girl Kate is to ride the school bus!! (Emmy doesn't remember anything about preschool but she still remembers her friend on the bus and falling asleep on the way home!)

epic said...

Thanks for the pics of the outside of your house! Looks nice! Can't wait to come and see it and those cute kids!

annelisa said...

I am glad you posted a pic of your house. It looks really nice! That is funny about the bra. Mine is always out, unless it is on. I don't know why it is so hard for me to put it in the drawer. Oh well! Can't wait to see pictures of the inside!