Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Carving Family Night

For FHE tonight we carved our pumpkin. The kids each drew a face on the pumpkin and I carved it. Dave usually does the carving, so mine was a little rough. The kids liked it though. Jack was brave and stuck his hand inside the pumpkin and pulled out a few seeds. Kate was scared of it and told Jack not to be scared before he stuck his hand in the "scary" pumpkin.

I decided that Dave sitting in the chair at the table taking pictures of me isn't a very flattering angle. All the pictures show off my lovely double chin. Lovely.
Kate's side of the jack-o-lantern.
Jack's side of the jack-o-lantern. Dave helped him draw a face.
Jack is sucking on a raw pumpkin seed.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

That looks really fun...your pumpkin faces are cute and I like the idea of using both sides of the pumpkin. We have yet to get a pumpkin this year! We have a coupon for a free one from Macey's...I'll have to go get it today. Raw pumpkin seed?? Yuck!

Meagan said...

Looks like fun. We haven't carved pumpkins yet this year. We'd better get started I guess. Melinda, I forgot that Macey's is a grocery store and wondered why the department store was giving away pumpkins. Wow.

annelisa said...

I love your pumpkin faces! Ours is very beautiful with heart shaped eyes! Only while Geoff is gone can we have a girly pumpkin!