Thursday, August 14, 2008

Evening Canyon Hike

Tonight we went on a little hike in the canyon by our house. The kids were great and Kate walked the whole way. They kept asking where the bears lived (I guess I've talked a little too much about all the wildlife that lives around here). It was a perfect evening: very quiet, perfect weather, beautiful scenery.

The kids a little way into the hike.
Jack kept having to stop and pick up sticks and rocks, or he'd sit down in a bush or pretend to be stuck in a tree. He loved being out in the great outdoors.
We live on the mesa to the left.
The point where we are sitting was really narrow with huge drops on three sides to the canyons below, so Jack wasn't allowed to walk anywhere. He had to stand in one place and throw rocks. He liked watching the rocks disappear over the edge.
The view
Walking up a "really steep" hill.

5 comments:

annelisa said...

What a fun place to live! Jenny, you look great in those pictures!

epic said...

Looks like fun! What great little hikers!

Melinda said...

Los Alamos is really pretty. Dave said that Kate "saw" a bear sleeping...I'm glad you didn't encounter too much wildlife. You've got me nervous about wildlife there too! Did Jack walk a lot of the way?

Marianne said...

I think LA is really pretty. But I am with you about the bears.

mags said...

Jenny, you are beautiful. just so you know.