Here are the kids with our friends, the Nye's, getting reading to get some candy.
After the parade we checked out the booths at the fair. Then the kids jumped in a bouncy house. We were walking back to our van wondering what to have for lunch and a Pizza Hut employee asked us if we wanted a free pizza. I guess he messed up the timing of an order. That was okay with me, free lunch!
We came home and spent the rest of the afternoon trying to take naps. Jack is having problems staying in his bed long enough for him to fall asleep. Finally he fell asleep and this is where Kate and I found him. 
As a little side note, I've decided that it's about time to buy a piano! I didn't play the piano hardly at all during the last year while we lived in Salt Lake. No one asked if I played and I didn't tell. This morning I accompanied the ward choir while they sang in church. I've forgotten so much and I'm a little rusty. The musical number went pretty well and I'm sure glad that we got to practice together this morning. I spent a while at the church last night practicing. The ward choir leader is a great musician and teaches piano lessons and music in the schools. I've forgotten what it's like to play for someone that actually knows how to lead! Anyway...Maybe someday soon we'll get a piano.
4 comments:
It was fun seeing you guys at the parade yesterday.
You did an awesome job playing for the choir, couldn't tell you were rusty at all. Very impressive :)
Jace has a blanket just like Jack's. It is his fave. I think I should take piano lessons from you when we are closer. I'll pay you. alot.
I hope you get a piano too! I would love one, but it isn't an option until we leave AK.
I got a kick out of Jack finishing his one piece of candy before he'd move on to other thoughts...like filling his backpack full of the yummy stuff. I hope you get your piano. It's on my wish list too! (Ahem, I meant for me, but I do wish you'd get one...you play so well.)
Post a Comment