Monday, August 25, 2008

Kate's First Day of Preschool

Today was Kate's first day of school ever! She was so excited! She goes to school in the afternoon, so we had to wait all morning until it was time to go. Kate got dressed really fast this morning in her new "school clothes" and her backpack was all packed and ready to go a few days ago. The kids bring their own snack and she wouldn't let me forget that she needed one to put in her backpack.

We snapped a few pictures before we left and Kate instructed me what to take pictures of.

Kate's fabulous new backpack (just like her friend Sadie's)
All ready to go!
Showing off her new shoes
Jack needed to take some pics too.

We left really early to walk to the school. Jack got pretty mad that he didn't have a backpack on for the walk. Jack was pretty upset when Kate walked into the school. He kept asking me on the way home where Kate was.

When we got home an amazing thing happened...Jack took a nap! Last week I gave up on making him take a nap because he refused to fall asleep no matter what I tried. But, hopefully without Kate here he'll keep taking them. It was nice to read some stories together and enjoy the quiet before he fell asleep. Then I had time to clean all the floors in our house (all wood).

Kate really enjoyed school today. It's not so much academic, because most of the kids have special needs, but she loves going to an actual school and having a teacher and having a little more structure and excitement than being at home all day with me. Hopefully this will help her be ready for all day kindergarten next year!

7 comments:

Melinda said...

She looks so cute and so excited! Love her back pack, it's almost as big as she is! This will be nice for all of you...a little one-on-one time with Jack, fun for Kate, you can get more done...! Is it hard for her to wait until afternoon for school? Ethan's kindergarten is in the morning, which I think we'll really like. He catches the bus at 8:45, which is perfect for us, and gets home at noon.

Marianne said...

Kate, I am so excited for you. I am glad that had a great first day at school. I am so proud of you.

Grandma Judi

annelisa said...

How fun! She looks so cute in the pictures. I miss the days of going to school!

Jame, KJ, Maddie Stark said...

Kate looks so cute! Love her new shoes! She looks so excited! Why are kids' back packs always the same size as the kids?! :-) Maybe books should be made smaller...yah know, kid size. Just a thought. haha

Wendi said...

Shannie started school today too. She's in a similar program to what Kate is doing. They always look so tiny when they are wearing those backpacks. Its so quiet in our house right now... its a little weird. Cameron is taking a nap right now, and I don't have the Shannie noise. I can't believe they are already in school!

Tasha said...

I guess I still think of Kate as the 8 month old delightful baby, that was always so full of life and smile afer smile:) She is so dang cute! I love her cute hair!!! I can't believe she is already in school!! WOW, Time really does fly!

lis said...

what a cutie! Tell her I said she looks like a big kid for sure!!