I slept in until 7:00 and then went running. When I got home the kids had drawn pictures and hung them on the front door with Christmas bows. Really cute! Dave was in the kitchen making crepes for breakfast. Kate had wrapped up one of her favorite stuffed animals for me. Aren't my kids and Dave great?
After we dressed and got ready for the day we hopped in the van and headed to Albuquerque. We went to Sam's Club, REI, and Target. It's kind of sad how excited I was to go shopping. I haven't been anywhere but Smith's for over a month! The kids were really good in the stores too since Dave was with us. We had a fabulous birthday lunch at Panda Express. (We're a little deprived here in LA without many good places to eat out.)
Then we we dropped the kids off at my aunt Karen's house and went to the temple. (I'm so lucky to have family in Albuquerque. It makes it so much easier to go to the temple with Karen there to watch my kids.)
Our temple session was pretty fast since it was just me, Dave and another lady. It was a nice session.
We went back to Karen's and ate dinner with her and her family. Then she loaded us up with fresh tomatoes and peaches from her garden (yum!). Then we headed home.
Dave bought me an iPod for my present. I know, we are a little behind the times, since we're just barely buying our first iPod. I'm still trying to figure it out and am excited to strap on my armband and take it for a run.
So, here's a question: What songs do you like to listen to while you run?
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Yesterday! I am sorry that I missed it! My favorite songs to run to are any of The All American Rejects. Enjoy your IPod. I don't know how I ever ran without one.
Happy Birthday. I'm an idiot...I can't believe I talked to you a couple of times, even about getting an iPod and didn't put together that it was for YOUR BIRTHDAY. Please forgive me, and happy birthday. I like to listen to books on my iPod when running...so engrossing, I forget I'm sweating.
oh me too, i had your birthday on my calendar!!! So happy very late birthday. Iknow it isn't the same! i will have to read your comments cause i am in need of some good music for running too. i am training for a race so i really need it.
Happy Birthday... I did call you, you know :) I'm glad you had a fun day. Now just get a Nike plus thing to go with your ipod and it will tell you how far you've run and how fast you go and how far you have to go and all kinds of great stuff. It's so motivating! As for music... I have to have something new especially for long runs. I even tried an audiobook. It worked pretty nicely! Love you!
Ditto with Melinda. I can't believe we talked with David so many times and didn't connect that it was your birthday. At least I got a card sent on time. Sorry about that. Any, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love you lots.
Happy Birthday! For some reason I thought it was the 19th. I love to run to 80's stuff. The cars, belinda carlise. but I love "dancin with myself" by billy idol. I'm so glad you had a fab birthday.
We are behind the times too, I just bought Aaron an i-pod for his birthday too. He loves to listen to it when he goes running:)As for running music..I am at a loss, I have never actually ran farther than a block except while I was as swimmer and we had too...
We are behind the times too, I just bought Aaron an i-pod for his birthday too. He loves to listen to it when he goes running:)As for running music..I am at a loss, I have never actually ran farther than a block except while I was as swimmer and we had too...
Post a Comment