Monday, February 18, 2008

Just Another Bath?


The other day we came across our little blowup swimming pool in a box. We thought it sounded fun to set it up in our basement since it is unfinished and there is a drain in the floor right next to the washer/dryer. So, today Kate really wanted to go swimming downstairs. I cleaned the pool, blew it up, then hauled multiple bucket of water from the kitchen to the pool in the basement. After the kids got in I kept thinking that it looked like they were just taking a bath. When we have the pool outside in the summer we put our little tyke slide in it, so they can slide into it. Unfortunately the slide doesn't fit through our doorway to the basement, so it is staying outside for the winter. The kids had fun splashing around for a little while until the water started getting cold. By the time they got out and upstairs they were really cold. As we were walking up the stairs, Kate said, "Mom, that was just like a bath!" I don't know if that was good or bad. Finally she said that it was a really fun bath. After the kids got dressed I made them hot chocolate to warm them up. I don't know if we'll be swimming in the basement anytime soon. Maybe they can have a bath in the real bathtub next time. All in all, it was fun and it passed an hour or so of the day so I guess it was worth the effort.

6 comments:

Melinda said...

That looks fun. We are getting cabin fever pretty bad. We are going to try the reverse of your swimming in the winter idea and bring in snow from outside and put it in the bathtub and let Ethan play with snow inside where it's warm.

Meagan said...

That looks like so much fun. Your kids are so cute.

The Schramm Family said...

How fun! I will have to show Sadie this tomorrow. I hope she doesn't get any big ideas. Glad you had a good day :)

AnneMarie said...

Kate & Jack have the cutest little expressions on thier faces. How fun! Wish we would have been able to splish and splash with you guys... but I think it may have to wait until this summer. :) Thanks for going on a walk this morning with us. Talk to you tomorrow.

mags said...

You are such a good mom to haul the water down the stairs. Kate and maybe even Jack will remember that for years!

lis said...

What a nice mommy you are. I probably would have made some exciting speech about how it will be so fun to use it in 5 months. Way to go!