Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Riverdance

For Christmas Dave bought me tickets for the two of us to see Riverdance. I was really surprised when he gave me the tickets. I had no idea that he'd gotten them and I know he'd much rather have gone to a basketball game. The performance was great. The dancing was amazing. It made my legs tired just watching them dance. The music was good too. I didn't really know what to expect, but I really enjoyed it. I'm not really sure how all the dances and songs tied together. I guess there is a storyline somehow that I didn't understand. But thanks Dave for the Christmas gift!

It was an extra great night because I got to sleep all night in my bed without any interruptions or kids sharing my bed. Dave's aunt, Shaunna, watched the kids over night so we wouldn't have to bring them home late at night. I was going to get the kids early this morning, but the roads were really icy and it was snowing, so I got to spend the morning at home by myself. It's amazing how fast I can get stuff done without kids. I did a lot of cleaning and enjoyed my shower. It was nice. The kids had a great time at Shaunna's. We'll have to do that more often.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

What a great Christmas present! A great concert and a break from kids for a whole night and morning. You deserve it.

Meagan said...

I am glad you had fun Jenny. That was a neat present.

mags said...

how great of dave to think of something like that! melinda is right, you do deserve it. You are such a good mom and homemaker, Jenny. I often think about you when I am organizing, cooking, cleaning. You do it all so well.

I think me and mike need to order us a shauna.

AnneMarie said...

How fun! A night out is always a great gift!