Monday, February 4, 2008

Oh No!


On Sunday Jack and I were looking out the window at the snow coming down and Jack said, "Oh no (no is how he says snow). He said it over and over, "Oh no. Oh no." That's exactly how I feel, "Oh no. No more snow." But it keeps coming down every day.

Today I bundled the kids up in their snow clothes and we walked down the street to the park. They had so much fun playing on the slides, swings, and digging in the snow. At least it wasn't really cold so we could go play outside. But won't it be nice to go to the park and run around on the grass. Next time we go the park I'm taking the sled, because apparently Kate can't walk the half a block home in the snow. Jack can, but Kate can't.

So, I guess the point of this post is that I am very ready for spring (and I'm glad that I don't live in Alaska :) Annelisa and Maggie -- you guys are great!). But at least all the snow shoveling is good for my arm muscles and we need the water, right? Let's just hope that spring comes soon.

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Haha! Cameron likes to look out the window and yell "Noooooo!!!" He and Jack would have some awesome conversations, I bet! Its raining today, though. Pouring actually. We went to vote and got soaked walkign from our front row parkign space to the door of the school.

Meagan said...

I am actually happy about the snow this year. Every time it snows I think that I likely won't get to see much snow at all for the next little while because we will be in California. I know it is a pain sometimes, but I will really miss it. Maybe we've gotten so much for my sake!

annelisa said...

Enjoy the snow. We have a ton up here but aren't able to enjoy it too much! It is -49 out right now. It was unbearable to walk just from the doors at the gym to our car. I sure wish it would warm up so we could go to the park!

Melinda said...

Amen to that! I can't even enjoy a backrub anymore because all the muscles in my back are so sore from heaving snow up onto the 6 feet high (or more) snow banks around my driveway. At least it's not -49 out there...one more snowstorm this week and then we're "supposed" to have a week off. Hooray!