Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A little fine art

Today I took the kids to the Utah Musuem of Fine Arts. We met a friend there with her kids and checked out the exhibits. The kids were ready to go after 45 minutes, but I'm happy that they lasted that long. There was an exhibit that I really enjoyed by a local Utah artist, Susan Schwartz. This is one of my favorite paintings by her. I love aspen trees! They remind me of home. I wish that I could paint something like this. I could stare at it for hours.

4 comments:

mags said...

Wow! That is truly gorgeous, I think it reminds me of this guy in Louisville who painted brich trees kinda like that. I like hers much better.

Melinda said...

I really like that too. It's one of those painting that evoke an emotion/ memory. Thanks for sharing.

AnneMarie said...

Love the new background! Good for you guys for getting out and lasting for 45 min. Up for playing today? It's not even 10:00 and I'm itching for some company. :)

Cammie said...

Very beautiful. Aspen trees are a favorite of mine too. They remind me of going over the mountain to visit my grandma and granpa as a kid. I bet we've seen some of the same trees!

ps. nice job to your kids for making it 45 whole minutes, you gotta love that!