Saturday, March 29, 2008
Amazing! But is it really possible with kids?
A month or so ago I posted about an enrichment night that I went to where Darryl Hoole talked about her homemaking tips. (See her website on the sidebar, The Art of Homemaking.) Well, this morning Sis. Hoole was gracious enough show me and a few other gals all of her tips at work all throughout her house. It was amazing how immaculate it was! Everything was spotless and in its place. It reminded me again how important it is not to accumulate stuff. I guess that's the good thing about moving every year, I get rid of a lot of stuff. I came home feeling a little overwhelmed and inadequate, but after an hour or so that wore off and made me want to be more organized and have a cleaner house. My house isn't really bad, but it's so small that it gets cluttered and dirty fast. I've begun to realize that my house will probably not look like Sis. Hoole's house until all of my kids are grown and have moved out, but at least I can try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
One of my best friends is a professional organizer and her house is IMMACULATE!!! all the time... I have no idea how she does it with a 3 year old and an newborn when I can barely keep mine "clutter free" with one child. I guess my point is that there is always someone with a cleaner house, but I am sure there is always someone with a messier house too:)
As nice as it would be to really have a clean and organized house all the time, it just is not very practical and I think just stresses people out. I think there is middle ground that we can expect.
I have a friend who says "My house is not a showroom, but a workshop for children". Her house was actually fairly disorganized and cluttered and for me would be hard to live in, but I like the sentiment behind it. On the spectrum of clean/dirty, your house is definitely on the far end of the clean side. AND you are still in the "workshop for children" stage and still pulling off a clean house. Give yourself a pat on the back.
I just try to keep the dust off the furniture and the toys off the floor, that's about all I can do at this point!
Post a Comment