Saturday, March 29, 2008

Tip of the day

Here's my tip of the day: Always wear two shirts when you take a child to the doctor. (You'll never know when you'll need a clean one if someone decides to throw up all over you.) Got to love the layered look!

I took Jack to the doctor last night (I probably didn't need to but I swear his temperature was really high (103) and it wasn't going down with Tylenol. I get nervous when my kid's temperatures are that high, because it's only happened a few times. Next time Dave and I will need to remember to wait it out a little while. Anyway...Of course when we got to the doctor his temperature had dropped a bit. I don't really think that he had the stomach flu. I think all the crying (he started as soon as we opened the door to the clinic) made him be sick all over me and his favorite "kee-kee" (blankie). Anyway...He's doing a lot better now. I knew that it was about time for him to be sick again. I think he's been healthy for about 3 weeks now. Jack has been sick so much this winter! I'll be so glad when he gets better ands stays that way for a while.

5 comments:

annelisa said...

Sorry about the throw-up! So did you have two shirts on or not? I haven't been puked on in awhile, but every night when I go to get my pjs on I find myself smeared in Katelyn's snot! I can't wait for her nose to stop running!

Jenny said...

Yeah, I did have two shirts on -- a long sleeve shirt with a short sleeved one on top. Jack got the long sleeve sleeve pretty dirty, but the short sleeve shirt was clean, so I took the dirty one off. Annelisa, I hear you about the runny noses. Who needs a kleenex when Mom's shirt is right there?

Wendi said...

That's a good tip. I'll have to remember that one. Shannon often gets high fevers- for some reason thats the way her body reacts to pretty much any illness. For my kids Motrin works WAY better than Tylenol in bringing down their fevers. Just one of those things I guess.

Melinda said...

Oh no, Jenny! I am so sympathetic... I have such a hard time with throw up. You know, the two shirt tip is great...I may just throw an extra t-shirt for ME in the car. I used to always keep a spare outfit for Ethan in the car and it came in handy a couple of times, but I never thought about doing one for me. I hope Jack's feeling better.

Cammie said...

Good tip. I should dress my kids in layers too. They are forever smearing their snotty noses all over thier shirt sleeves. Will this winter ever end?