Sunday, March 16, 2008

This Week's Fun

This week we did quite a few fun things. I've been looking forward to posting all week. I just haven't gotten around to it until now. Here are some of the highlights of our week:

1. The greatest storytime ever at the library. The theme was Superhero Academy. They read superhero books, did superhero exercises, and at the end they got their own superhero capes. Jack was really into the storytime. He was brave and sat by Kate in the front and even did the superhero exercises and ran around the room with the other kids after he got his cape.
2. Getting my hair cut. Thanks to Anne Marie for sharing her great hair stylist and for watching my kids.

3. Going to the Melting Pot for cheese and chocolate with my visiting teachers. If you haven't been there, the Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant. I'd never been there before, but it was fun going and I ate way too much cheese and chocolate.

4. I was really glad to go running on Friday morning (the night after the fondue experience). We went the farthest I've run in a long time (5.27 miles). Thanks to Jen for sticking with me while the rest of our running group ran the whole way up the super long big hill. Hopefully someday soon I'll not have to stop and walk.

5. Last night I took Kate to see Disney Princess on Ice. She was in heaven. And she didn't seem too disappointed that she wasn't wearing her princess dress. Most of the other girls there were decked out in their princess attire. Kate just said that next time she'll wear her Cinderella dress. I took some pictures of her on my phone, but I have no idea how to get it out of the phone and onto the computer since the memory card isn't inside the phone. Oh well. Just know that Kate was really happy and Belle was her favorite (and then Minnie Mouse, and then all of the other princesses). It was fun seeing Norm and Melinda and their kids and Grandma and Grandpa Krantz (as we call them at our house) there too.

6. This morning Kate asked me if she could say the prayer in Primary today. Her friend and fellow Sunbeam, Sarah, gave it last week. I told her that we have to take turns and they probably already have someone to give the prayer today. She asked me and Dave a few more times before we went to church. When we got to church a member of the primary presidency asked Kate if she would like to give the prayer. How ironic! She was really excited and looked really cute sitting up in the front waiting for her turn. I helped her say a short prayer and then repeat a short scripture. Kind of funny how Kate got what she really wanted.

4 comments:

annelisa said...

Sounds like a fun week! I have always wanted to go to the Melting Pot, but of course Geoff would never fork out the money! I want to see the haircut!

Michal Thompson said...

It is amazing what warmer weather, a good hair cut, chocolate, and a run can do. so tell me more about this running group?

Melinda said...

Sounds like an eventful week! As your cyberstalker, I have missed your posts this week. Good job on the running...you'll have to try our treadmill this week!

Cammie said...

That sounds like a great week. I took Cali to HS Musical on Ice and it was magnificent. I love those ice shows. The Melting Pot is great, and good job on running the next day!

Post a picture of your new hair cut!