Sunday, March 2, 2008

Potty Seat for Boys

So, here's a random question for those of you that have potty-trained boys. What kind of potty-seat works best for your little boy? Did you use a seat on the toilet or a little chair on the floor or something else? Jack always wants to potty, which means that he sits on the toilet (he's happy just holding himself on the big toilet without a little seat) and then he really loves putting the tp in the toilet and then flushing. He's yet to actually do any actual business in the toilet, but when that happens I'm a little afraid that it will make a big mess. Do the little pee-guards that come with the toilet seats work? I'm a little new at this boy stuff, so I'll love any advice!

4 comments:

annelisa said...

As you know I don't have boys,
but I used to nanny for a family who had plenty of them. She would put the boys on the toilet backward and then they would lean their upper body to the lid. I guess it would help it to point down? Anyways it worked for her!

mags said...

Never used the pee gaurds. I just shouted "point it down, point it down!" THe messes are inevitable. I keep two or three canisters of clorox wipes on hand at all times, and have been trying to teach Austin and Quinton to use them after they use the toilet. Maybe if I'm lucky mike will figure out how to pee w/out splashing someday.

Melinda said...

I second Mags' warning: DON'T use the pee guard! They make things worse, not better. I also second Mags' in saying I think you just have to train them to point it down. Lucky for us, Ethan is a neat freak and hated any splashes that might get on him, so he was careful to point it down. Getting on the toilet backwards is an original idea...I may try that w/Anders when the time comes and see how it goes. We used a cheap Wal-Mart toilet seat that goes on top of the toilet and it worked fine.

Michal Thompson said...

I bought a potty for Dylan, he never used it. He just stood on a stool, leaned over the toilet (with his hands on the tank) and peed. Now he is tall enought to stand. And, yes, messes are inevitable. So what about girls huh?