Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Really Fun Day!

Tonight Kate and I were talking about all the fun things that we got to do today and we decided that it had been a really fun day. We started out this morning bright and early by Kate going to the dentist. She hadn't been for a year, but she had a really great experience. We went to a really fun pediatric dentist office that had a great kid waiting area, tvs on the ceilings, great decorations, and a really nice dentist. She is a no cavity kid and she was "really brave". Kate told me that when I go to the dentist that I need to be really brave too.


Then we met Dave and Grandma J for lunch at Hires Big H and had some yummy hamburgers, fries, and root beer. I really better exercise tomorrow. Too bad I can't go running since my ankle is still hurting and swollen. It started hurting two weeks ago while I was running and I haven't been able to go running since then. I don't know what's going on. The podiatrist couldn't see anything bad on the x-ray. Anyway...

Tonight we had some great friends, Brent and Elise, who were visiting from NM over for dinner. The kids all had so much fun playing together. There was lots of dressing up and playing basketball too. We've missed them and are glad that they stopped by to see us on their vacation. We took this picture last year while Ashley, Kate and Annika were playing.

This morning Dave and I got up at 5:00. That's our new goal to get up early so Dave can be more productive on his dissertation. It was so nice! I exercised, showered, actually did my hair, and mopped the bathroom and kitchen floors before the kids woke up. It was great! It wasn't even that hard to get up that early. Once I actually get out of bed it's not too bad. We'll see what I think tomorrow at 5 am though.

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Wow Jenny, 5 am! You are a supermom. I miss the days when I used to get up early for the same reasons (although it was never that early, more like 6 am). Good for you! And what do you mean, "actually" did your hair...your hair never looks like it's not done????

Wendi said...

Wow. 5 am is amazing! I think my first goal would be to go to bed before midnight. Then we'd work on the getting up earlier part. Thats so fun you got to get together with the Nyes! I must say I'm a bit jealous!

Meagan said...

Wow, 5. I am trying for six lately...and failing. Oh well, just having a schedule that I try and stick to is helpful for me. Congrats and I hope your ankle gets feeling better.

annelisa said...

Isn't it so great getting up and having time without the kids? I get so much more done when they are still sleeping. It doesn't happen at night after they go to bed because I am too exhausted! Way to go!

Jenny said...

So yeah, don't think that I'm really amazing, because I got up at 6:30 this morning, not 5 like yesterday. Dave and I need to get to bed before 11:30 if we're going to get up at 5:00. Once I got in bed I couldn't go to sleep. So, we'll see what time we get up tomorrow.

lis said...

um, sorry sis. I'll never find the joy of getting up at 5. You always were the morning person of the family...

Cammie said...

Nice job. Sorry about the ankle. I hope it gets feeling better.