Dave started out the day's excitement by showing me a little scorpion running around in our shower. Yuck! I'd rather not have one in my house. Now I'm totally paranoid and have to shake clothes out before we wear them and I have to check under the covers to make sure that we are scorpion-free before we go to bed.

Then, the kids and I went to the music and movement class at the library. During the class I realized that the cell phone wasn't in my purse, but I figured that it probably fell out in the car. So we went to the farmer's market (in the library parking lot) and bought some kettle corn (since it was a holiday after all). When we got back to the car I looked for the phone and it wasn't there, so we headed back to the library. I was hoping that someone turned it in at the front desk, but we didn't make it that far. We found the phone smashed on the road. It fell out in the parking lot exit/entrance and was run over. Goodbye cell phone! And goodbye contact information.
Jack was pretty concerned that the phone was broken. All the way home he kept asking me "Wha happened?" Here's a pic of the phone. Dave tried to salvage our contacts from the broken phone, but that's kind of hard to do when the screen is no longer attached to the rest of the phone.
Good news though. I emailed some moms in our ward and someone gave me a phone to borrow for a month or two until we get our "New Every Two" phone for free.
Here are a few pics of the kids playing in the rain. I was thinking yesterday afternoon that it was a little hot outside (probably like 85 or maybe cooler than that) and pretty soon afterwards it clouded up and rained.
My friend, JoDee, let us borrow her kids' car and truck while they are on vacation. The kids have spent many hours in these vehicles during the last few weeks.
To top off our Pioneer Day Celebration we went to the church and had a dutch-0ven dessert social. I made some exciting non-dutch-oven chocolate marshmallow cookies since we don't have a dutch oven.
We didn't have any fireworks to watch to end our day so Dave and I watched a few episodes of the Office instead. It was a good 24th of July in the end, New Mexico style.
7 comments:
Your days are always full of adventure! We are celebrating Pioneer Day tomorrow by having a ward breakfast at the church. I guess I won't try calling your cell for a while!
Jenny I have never seen a scorpion here in New Mexico...crazy that one ended up in your shower!!!
I think I would be paranoid after that too!
Ew. I would not be happy to find a scorpion in my shower. I might think it was kinda cool for about 15 seconds, and then I'd be creeped out that one found its way into my house. Looks like you had an awesome pioneer day!
Scorpions in the shower!!! YIKES! I would not want to find one anywhere but the shower would be awful since your feet and everything else are so vulnerable.......I don't blame you for shaking EVERYTHING!!! You guys seem to be having a great time down there and tons of fun stuff to do:)
A scorpion...how scary!!:-0 That would cause me some serious paranoia. Sounds like thinks are pretty exciting down there in New Mexico. I miss you here in Utah. I regret that I didn't get to say goodbye. And I guess I can't call you anytime soon! Let me know when you get a non-smashed phone. ;-)
By the way, I absolutely love your blog. It's my style totally. Where did you get the heading and background?
Good job! Way to celebrate your pioneer heritage!
Post a Comment