Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Pioneer?

Here was a conversation between me and Kate this morning:

Kate: My dad's not a dentist. He's a pioneer, right?
Me: You mean an engineer?
Kate just looked confused. Maybe she really meant pioneer.

We talked about pioneers for family night last night. And we just looked at Geoff & Annelisa's blog and saw their cute tooth/flag sign. Kate thinks it's neat that two of her uncles are dentists.

Melinda-- thanks for the picture of Dave. I stole it from your blog.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

That's cute! I tried to think of a sense in which Dave would be a pioneer, but I couldn't come up with one. First Judi with a Phd in Engineering?? That could work as a pioneering feat! I do like that picture of Dave.

Marianne said...

It must be the heavy beard. Pioneers always looked unshaved didn't they?

lis said...

that is so funny. My kids just think everybody's daddy is a doctor. They live a very sheltered life.