Thursday, February 14, 2008

Today's Thankful List

Here are a few things that I am thankful for today:
  1. For the nice neighbor that saved me a lot of shoveling by snowblowing some of the sidewalk. (And I'm thankful that the wind stopped blowing the snow back onto my shoveled sidewalk and that the sun came out.)
  2. That Dave did the dishes last night (quite the task without a dishwasher) because I wasn't feeling very well. And, as soon as he walked in the door from work he cleaned up the huge mess of glass from the 1950's light fixture that fell onto the tile floor (I don't know why it fell) and smashed into a million pieces.
  3. How much Kate loves her dance class and how happy it makes her when it is dance class day.
  4. My cute visiting teacher that brought me some chocolate tonight. And, Kate's cute friend, Jane that brought her cupcakes this afternoon. That made her super excited to have her come over!
  5. How willing my mom is (and Dave's parents too) to talk to Jack whenever he feels the urge to call "Grandpa" (meaning any grandparent).
  6. For all of you that check my blogs and make comments, so I feel like I have a little adult interaction throughout the day. It is really nice to have a way to interact with my friends and family while I'm at home with my kids (especially when we've been at home all week because Jack is sick).

I'm sure the list could go on and on, but the kids are finally in bed and the new episode of Lost is waiting on the DVR to be watched. That's another thing I'm thankful for, the DVR. What a great invention!

2 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

I looked at your blog and thought I had accidently gone to mine! How funny! I agree. I wasn't a DVR fan until I got one. Now I wouldn't live without one, I could, but you know.

Wendi said...

Interesting. We had a 1960's light fixture fall down (all on its own) into the kitchen sink. Fortunately the sink contained the entire mess. Unfortunately, it landed on a plate which also shattered into a bazillion pieces.