Wednesday, May 21, 2008

He really is two!

Every day Jack is getting crazier and wild and more like a two-year-old. I'm pretty sure that Kate was never as wild as Jack is. I guess he has an older sister to watch so he can figure out how to through good tantrums, run away from me, yell, etc., etc., etc. Today we went to Target and Jack took his pants off three times. I finally just gave up and let him ride around in the cart pant-less. Both kids are going through some crazy stage (I hope it's just a stage) where they are always yelling at each other or hitting or pushing. It's really trying my patience (what little patience I have). Any tried-and-true consequences for hitting/pushing a sibling?

4 comments:

suzi said...

Oh my gosh, hand over the good advice as soon as you get some, we are going through the EXACT SAME THING at our house and it's making me nuts! I too am hoping it's just a phase!! Sheesh. Glad though to hear that I'm not the only one who is dealing with it! ;)

Cammie said...

It sounds like our house. My kids are always either playing with each other like best friends, or fighting to the death. I have no skills or patience.

lis said...

Just so you know, yelling, "STOP FIGHTING" is pretty ineffective. I still try to see if it will work though. Sometimes consistent time out works, or making each kid say one thing they love about the other. It doesn't have to be lengthy, but it ususally softens them up.

Picturing you in Target with pantsless Jack made me laugh.

Melinda said...

What does Jack have against pants??? I wish I had ideas, but my kids are too far apart in age for the sibling rivalry you're describing. If/when it comes up with Anders and my next??!!, I'll be asking YOU this very question!