Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Week in Review

This week was a good one, but I don't have any pics to post, so bear with me with just words to look at. Here are a few highlights.

I spent most of the week at my parent's house while Dave was in NM for work. It was a great visit. The kids loved all the baby lambs in all the fields surrounding my parent's house. Jack knows now that sheep say, "baa" not "moo." They loved seeing the horses and cows too. And they loved playing on Grandma's "park" (her swing-set). Lots of fun! It was nice that Steven was home for the week too.

Jack is feeling better. Finally on Thursday he let me do the albuterol inhaler without crying (it only took him a week to figure out that it won't hurt him). He had his 2 year dr appointment on Friday. He amazed me at how well he listened to the doctor and answered her questions. He didn't even cry when she looked at him. Amazing!

Yesterday we got a few upgraded pieces of furniture. Dave's advisor (the one that gave us his train table a month or so ago) gave us a couch (that's only like 4 years old, so that's really new to us). It looks kind of like this except that it is greenish. I'm loving how it reclines! we got rid of the old hid-a-bed couch (it was my parent's couch that we got when I was little so I've lived with it almost my whole life). It's nice to sit on a couch that isn't so low and sunken to the ground. And my parents traded dining room tables with us, so now we have a bigger one and they have our little one in their storage room. And we set up a full-size bed in the kid's room (since we no longer have the hid-a-bed) and took down the crib. I have some major rearranging/organizing to do tomorrow in the kid's room.

It's great to have Dave home and get things back to normal. Kate is loving taking care of her babies (she has to take care of her "twin" dolls), dance class, soccer, and sunbeams.

4 comments:

Meagan said...

Sounds like you guys are all doing well...except maybe Dave, how is the mourning period after the loss? I am glad that Jack is feeling better. I bet he is getting so big. See you around...sometime.

Wendi said...

I'm glad that Jack knows the sound that sheep say now. Cameron still thinks that all animals that aren't dogs or ducks say moo. Its still crazy to me that Jack is two. Wow.

Melinda said...

That's a busy week with lots of fun things happening. I'm glad we got to see you last weekend. Put your feet up and enjoy that couch!

Cammie said...

Busy busy! It's always fun to get new furniture.