Friday, May 2, 2008

Jack's Big Day

I can't believe that my "baby" is two now! Here's a look back :Five days old (I'd post a "birth" day picture, but he looks a lot cuter in this one.)
One year old
Birthday boy (yesterday)
Showing how old he is (he started out saying that he's "two-five." By the end of the day he got just "two" down, but he likes holding up all his fingers.)
I think Kate opened most of his presents for him while he was looking at his car stuff. I bought him a few books that he doesn't care about, but I'm excited to have new ones.
Kate had dance class yesterday morning and Jack wanted to go too. He got himself dressed in her leotard and tutu.
Eying the cake (he obviously got a little taste as shown on his face)
I watched my friend's kids yesterday and they helped us celebrate. We built a nice big train track with Jack's new Geotrax track extension set (thanks Grandma/pa J.)Our friend, Owen, helped Kate and Jack decorate a little cake with cookies and sprinkles.
Then they took turn blowing out the candles and then devoured the cake.Jack with his soccer ball cake (in case you can't tell what it is). I decided that next year I'll actually make some good cake decorating frosting (this year I just used the can stuff and I was in a hurry). I'm definitely not a perfectionist when it comes to cake decorating, but hey, the kids don't care, yet.

7 comments:

Melinda said...

What a fun day! Happy Birthday Jack! Jenny, his cake is so cute. I love his one-year-old cake too, I hadn't seen it before. You are so creative.

annelisa said...

Happy Birthday Jack. Time sure does fly! Glad he had a good day.

Wendi said...

Happy Birthday Jack! I can't believe he's two. Wow. I really can't get over how big he looks.

Tasha said...

Those cakes are spectacular!! Can I hire you to make Kenley's next year!!! I remember seeing him for just a few seconds before we all moved from the fabulous cottonwood ward!!! The picture from his first birthday to now is so dramatic......He had a bit of a baby face back then and now he's ALL BOY!!!

mags said...

Happy Birthday to the cutest two year old boy I know!!!

PS I love your cakes, think I'll make the car track one for Jace's one year!

AnneMarie said...

Love how your cake turned out! What an awesome mom you are! I've never met a little boy who likes balls as much as your little Jack! I love that boy!

Cammie said...

Great day! Happy Birthday Jack!