Saturday, May 10, 2008

Living in the City

We've been enjoying living in the big city lately since we don't drive much. Dave walks to work almost every day. The kids are fascinated by the trains and buses that we see all over.

Yesterday the kids and I went on an adventure by riding the bus (that stops right in front of our house) to meet Dave after work. The kids were so excited. Jack thinks that the bus is just another form of a train. I'd forgotten how crazy bus drivers drive, so Jack took a little spill when he fell off the seat when we were going really fast down a curvy, steep road. He was sitting on the seat next to Kate and wasn't holding on. It took him a little while to recover from it, but then he enjoyed the ride. We met Dave after we got off hte bus and walked home together (walking home is all downhill -- hooray!).This afternoon we rode Trax downtown to do a little shopping at Gateway. The kids always love riding the train. "Tooo. Tooo." (that's what Jack says when we're on it).
As a little side note when we were at Gateway we spotted Matt Harpring (plays for the Jazz just in case you don't already know) shopping for jewelry with his wife. Dave told him, "Good game, Matt." And he said, "Thanks." I bet he gets a little sick of that, but at least Dave got to tell him what he thinks. Anyway...Go Jazz! Hopefully they win tomorrow. Life at our house is always a little happier if they win.

3 comments:

suzi said...

Amen!! Life is always a little happier at our house when they win too! ...even though Tom is a Lakers fan secondary to the Jazz. I know, I know. Ok but next time you ride the trax to Gateway we want to come with you! That sounds like it was so much fun!
Happy Mother's Day! You looked super cute at church today!

Michal Thompson said...

In Boston we rode the train a lot too- but not so fun with kids!!! Connor has been watching all the Jazz games. He recorded the one last night and was going to watch it today- but his mom ruined it for him. We talked to her last night and she spilled!!! SO how do you send your comments to your mail box?

Cammie said...

You are brave to take two kids on the UTA! We rode the train from Sandy to downtown once, and I made Cali pretend that she was alseep for some of it. I know, it was ridiculous!