Friday, February 29, 2008

Random thoughts

  • First of all, say goodbye to the Feedjit and Sitemeter! Now feel free to check my blog as many times a day as you want, but it might make you feel better knowing that I probably check your blog as many times or more each day too. I don't need them anymore, since my blog is now private.
  • I think we made a mistake last night. We turned Jack's crib into a toddler bed hoping that he would sleep better in it. But he didn't. He fell out once and was in our bed two different times last night. And right this minute he is supposed to be taking a nap and I've put him in his bed five times already and he's crying at the door. So, I'm not sure what we'll be doing. If we keep him in the toddler bed I need to get one of those mesh railings to keep him in.
  • And, taking care of three kids is hard work. I'm babysitting a 5 month old boy today and my kids aren't used to having to share my attention with someone else. It's been interesting. The kids have been really good, but I can't leave Jack alone with him because he mauls him (with love). Kate is a great helper -- she just needs to be able to do a few things all by herself.
  • Yesterday the kids and I went with Meagan and Sandi and their kids to the BYU Bean Museum. I'd never been there before, but I was impressed with all the animals that they had (in case you haven't been there, they are all dead and stuffed). Kate loved it because she thought it was like a zoo (except everything is dead). And, Wendi -- I thought of you while we were there.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Hooray, now I can cyberstalk you anonymously! Good luck getting Jack to sleep in his bed. We kept Ethan in his crib until he was 3, mostly because of space issues, but it worked out pretty well! I'll bet Kate and Jack love having a baby around.

annelisa said...

Good luck with Jack. I am so not ready to put Katelyn in a bed! I can't believe we moved Haley on her 1st birthday. Anyways, I have been to the Bean museum. I thought it was really fun/interesting. I am so glad that you won't be able to see how many times I visit your blog anymore!

mags said...

When we lived at BYU in the summers when I was a kid and we went to the Bean Museum lots, what memories I have of that place! how fun! You are a great journaler. (is that a word)
We moved austin out of the crib when he was 18 months old, I found him one night with my lipstick drawing pictures on his face and the sheets!

Wendi said...

LOL! I loved the Bean Museum. Working there was just about the funnest job that I have ever had. Every time I look at your blog, I can't believe how big Jack has gotten! Cameron has finally really started walking, btw.