Here's what's new with us:
I finished reading "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer. I loved it. I recommend it, but make sure you have a few days to read it without having anything else to do. I had a hard time putting it down.
Kate just finished soccer this week and has her last dance class today. Her dance recital is on Saturday. She is going to miss it! She has the sweetest dance teacher ever. We will miss Miss Julie!
We are getting ready to move back to NM the end of June. We found a great house to rent. I'm really excited to have a house all to ourselves (no neighbors attached, like in our duplex), a garage, a fenced backyard, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a dishwasher, etc. I could go on and on. I'm starting to go through our boxes in the basement. I've been organizing and giving stuff to DI so when it gets closer to moving day it won't be so overwhelming. We've moved so many times I've got my packing strategy down. I'll miss all my great friends here but I'm glad that I already have great friends in NM.
Here's something funny that happened on Tuesday. We went to the U to have lunch with Dave. The kids and I were waiting outside for him. We were looking at some pinecones under some trees and Kate said, "Hey, who put that on me?" I didn't know what she was talking about so I looked at her and she had bird poop on her head (poor girl!). We went to the bathroom and cleaned it off, but she was pretty disgusted and didn't want to talk to Dave about it.
Jack is sick, again! I swear that boy is sick so much. He just got over his ear infection/chest congestion stuff a week and a half ago. I hope this runny nose/coughing goes away on its own so we don't have to make another trip to the doctor (at least Jack likes going to the doctor now).
Dave is working hard to finish up things at the U. He defends his dissertation proposal in a few weeks. Then hopefully it won't be too much longer before he's completely done!
I finished reading "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer. I loved it. I recommend it, but make sure you have a few days to read it without having anything else to do. I had a hard time putting it down.
Kate just finished soccer this week and has her last dance class today. Her dance recital is on Saturday. She is going to miss it! She has the sweetest dance teacher ever. We will miss Miss Julie!
We are getting ready to move back to NM the end of June. We found a great house to rent. I'm really excited to have a house all to ourselves (no neighbors attached, like in our duplex), a garage, a fenced backyard, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a dishwasher, etc. I could go on and on. I'm starting to go through our boxes in the basement. I've been organizing and giving stuff to DI so when it gets closer to moving day it won't be so overwhelming. We've moved so many times I've got my packing strategy down. I'll miss all my great friends here but I'm glad that I already have great friends in NM.
Here's something funny that happened on Tuesday. We went to the U to have lunch with Dave. The kids and I were waiting outside for him. We were looking at some pinecones under some trees and Kate said, "Hey, who put that on me?" I didn't know what she was talking about so I looked at her and she had bird poop on her head (poor girl!). We went to the bathroom and cleaned it off, but she was pretty disgusted and didn't want to talk to Dave about it.
Jack is sick, again! I swear that boy is sick so much. He just got over his ear infection/chest congestion stuff a week and a half ago. I hope this runny nose/coughing goes away on its own so we don't have to make another trip to the doctor (at least Jack likes going to the doctor now).
Dave is working hard to finish up things at the U. He defends his dissertation proposal in a few weeks. Then hopefully it won't be too much longer before he's completely done!
5 comments:
Poor Kate! Too bad you didn't have a camera for that. Poor Jack, sick again. Anders seems to have developed a cold yesterday...maybe he got it at my house??? Sorry! I'm so excited for your house with a DISHWASHER but so sad that you'll be so far away. Good luck to Dave on his dissertation. What a genius my brother is.
Wow. Only a month till the move. Your new house sounds great. Also good luck to Dave. I hate the idea of defending anything to a panel of professors. By the way, I think the Judi's have some kind of bird poop attracting gene. Derek got pooped on during our honeymoon.
And Geoff has been pooped on and Maggie once at the zoo. We do have a bird problem.
So they just emailed me about coaching next year and that if we want our same team, we need to email them our roster for next year... I am so sad to not get to put Kate's name on it!! She is so much fun. As, of course, is Jack! We are going to miss you guys SOOO much! I haven't dared even tell Tommy about it!!
WOW:) You always have news! You guys are so busy. Poor Kate, I can totally sympathize while we were at the world aquarium in Texas a bird pooped in my hair and my cousin was sweet enough to get it out, but then she showed it to me and I was gagging to the point of throwing up.......nice visual for you, not! Good Luck!
Post a Comment